Monday, May 14, 2012

Sacrificial Love

I saw this term on a church board on the way to drop the kiddos off at Grandma's house this morning. The exact message was " Thank You Mothers everywhere for your sacrificial love". This seems like such an odd statement to me. I don't consider being a mother a sacrifice. Yes there are times I miss certain aspects of my life BC(before children). I think of those times and then of my kids. I think my kids bring so much more joy to my life and fill it more than any of those things I might temporarily miss.

After having children I do have a deep respect for other mothers and all that we go through. Seems odd to me that this joy would be considered a sacrifice.

As a late post a big Thank You to all the moms out there, and I hope each of you had a wonderful day yesterday.

Question: Do you consider being a mom a sacrifice?

No comments:

Post a Comment