Sunday, April 8, 2012

What dreams may come

I have almost always been an artsy type. It' started with my mom years ago. She started early to teach me to embroider and also to crochet. My dream job when I was younger revolved around horses and raising them. As a teenager I wanted to be a vet. I guess I just always knew I would be around animals.
Now as an adult I have let the artsy side of me come out. Not only do I crochet, but I've also learned to spin and knit. I do some needle felting and have on occasion used a triangle loom. I will leave color combinations to my husband though as he is much better at putting colors together.
I have found a world I am happy in and would like to enjoy more. We have been running the wool business out of a house for a few years now. In the last few months I have been having the dream of starting a shop as in an actual brick and mortar store front. I would love to do this full time.
My dream involves a co-op of sorts with locally produced goods. Items made and/or produced locally by artisans. This would include everything from raw wool, honey, handspun yarn, hand knit and/or crocheted items. I'm sure the list could be so much larger, but as you could probably guess my mind tends to concentrate on items that I am most interested in.
At this point it is just that a dream, but my hope is one day for this dream to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment