Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Goings on

With Christmas around the corner I'm sure you can imagine I've been really busy. I have finally finished all of my pre-ordered hats and have gotten my daughter's hat done for Christmas. Something tells me I'm going to be up late on Christmas eve to finish my DS's hat. I finally have gotten a little time to get some spinning done and came across another guild member working on what seemed like a simple elegant and functional knit shawl. So my mind starts to wander the stash of roving and I think of the perfect fleece to make this  out of. I have now hauled it out and am working out it. It is a lovely chocolate colored alpace/icelandic blend fleece. I'm thinking it may just make the perfect gift next year which is  a good thing because I have to spin probably close to a pound of this roving and then this will only be my second knitting project so it could take a little while. I will hopefully keep you all updated with the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment